Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas - Owen Reid - 2013-14 Perth Heat

Merry Christmas :)

In the spirit of Christmas, I thought I'd do something different. I've mentioned before that several ABL players have come up to me and inquired about getting copies of photos when I've been taking shots of them or other players, well a similar thing happened last weekend, but this time from one of the ABL team's staff. Owen Reid, the High Performance and Development Coach for the Perth Heat asked if I could send him a copy of any images I grabbed of him that I was shooting during the game. At the end, I didn't have many of him as I was obviously focussing more on the players but did have a few that seemed OK

I figured that rather than just send them to him, that I'd actually put up some mock cards of him onto the blog seeing as both Lloydy and Jelks have made it onto the blog in previous seasons. Owen also has the privilege of being the first Perth Heat card designs going up onto the blog for the 2013-14 season. So, Merry Christmas Mr Reid, here are a couple of shots of Owen Reid from the Perth Heat coaching staff  in the 2013-14 ABL season.

2013-14 Perth Heat Owen Reid card front - © 2013 Adam East

2013-14 Perth Heat Owen Reid alternate card front - © 2013 Adam East

1 comment:

  1. I feel privileged to have had the chance to see "Throwin Owen" play in his youth when he was developing that 90+mph heater he styled in high school. "Pocket Rocket" really had the gas (in more ways than one) - and he knew what to do with it too!! Away from the ballfield "Lil T.O." and I spent many days frolicking about in the yard and what not and so forth...my shins are still bruised from the numerous whip-kicks the little fella laid on me whenever activities didn't go to his satisfaction. As a 12 year old he could do one-arm pushups like nobodys business. As a teenager he could nearly eat his own body weight in free hamburgers, and he is the only person I know who can travel through 17 states and finish with more money than he started with!! He's a top bloke, a cool dude, and one bad hombre. The Heat would be well advised to hang on to him as long as they can. He will forever be Throwin Owen to me!! Signed, yet another anonymous admirer.

    ReplyDelete