Monday, December 9, 2013

Daniel Arribas - 2013-14 Sydney Blue Sox

Arribas is a member of the Pittsburgh Pirates organisation who has joined the Sydney Blue Sox as an import for the 2013-14 ABL season. Although born in the USA, Arribas moved to the Netherlands, his mother's home country as a youngster, and was signed by the Pirates as an International Free Agent in 2011. Arribas played Rookie level ball for the GCL Pirates in 2013 following two seasons in the Pirates' Dominican Summer League affiliate.

Arribas was very friendly at the game, coming up to me as I was taking photos, asking about them, etc. When I said that they were for my own "baseball cards" he commented that he hadn't been on a baseball card yet and to make sure I spelt his name right :) I explained that unfortunately, they were just ones for me and not ones that anybody else would see except for this blog, so hopefully he gets to read this, or gets an official card made by Dingo in one of the later Sydney Blue Sox series.



2013-14 Sydney Blue Sox Daniel Arribas card front - © 2013 Adam East

1 comment:

  1. Hi: I met Daniel Arribas in spring training Florida and found him to be a great guy! I have photos with him as a Pirate. svrussell50@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete