Saturday, May 5, 2012

Starting Up

I'm a middle-aged Aussie male living in the Australian capital city of Canberra. I enjoy collecting trading cards, and have a particular fondness for sports cards. I have a rather substantial collection of sports cards featuring Australians who have made it to the top of their profession in the USA, in sports such as Baseball, Basketball and American Football.

As well, as collecting cards, I also enjoy taking photos, including when I'm out at sporting events.

This has recently lead to a pasttime of mine of creating my own custom sports cards. I take the photos, create up a card design in Photoshop, and then get a copy of the card printed up for my collection. It's a novel way to keep copies of my photos.

I've started to see other blogs that have also contained custom made cards, so I thought that I would add another blog to my collection, to highlight the custom cards that I have made. It's a way for me to express my creativeness :)

Most of these cards will be baseball cards. I'm a regular attendee at Australian Baseball League games in Canberra with my camera. This means there will be a bias towards Canberran players, but I try and get as many photos as I can of players from visiting teams too.

I do also take a lot of Australian Rules Football photos, but have yet to create any custom cards using these photos. So, sit back, and hopefully enjoy my offerings.

Canberra Cavalry player Kenny Wilson - January 2012 - © Adam East 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment